Thursday, March 15, 2012

Theodore Thumbs Needs Your Help!

I posted earlier that I was working on a children's book, with the great Steven Moore (he wrote it, I'm illustrating it).

The story is about a young boy, Theodore, who is taunted in school. When he's uneasy, nervous, anxious, or sad, he finds comfort in sucking his thumb. And boy, does Theodore have a lot of awful moments! In the end, his parents find a way to encourage him, telling him he's Thumbtastic! Everyone in the neighborhood cheers him on, showing that words of encouragement can go a long way in sprouting a person's joy.

Now that I've told you the synopsis, we need your help! We really want this book published so little children everywhere can hear Theodore's precious story. Now, I'm not asking for any money, rather networking. We need the word out on Theodore because publishers are hard to convince apparently. If you know of ANYONE interested in propelling Theodore further into publication, please let us know. We could use any advice as well to make this project a success.

My email is mpd06a@acu.edu, and if you need my phone number, just email me for it.

Steven Moore's email is: sxm00b@acu.edu

Below is an excerpt from the book:


Obviously, Theodore would be doing better if we had publishers backing us up! So please, spread the word!

Lastly, if you would like to see the full storyboard (I've only completely drawn and colored a few pages) let Steven or me know! I don't trust putting all of the pictures online just yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment